1. In Raja Harishchandra (1913, the first Indian feature film) had male actors playing women because no females responded to the newspaper ads.
This film was 4 reels long with a running time of 40 minutes and It was made in 8 months. It was Released on 21 April 1913.
2. Remember the pile of poop that is shown Slumdog Millionaire and young Jamal jumps into it? It was actually made from a combination of peanut butter and chocolate.
3. Bahubali the beginning:- The language was invented for the film’s terrifying warrior tribe Kalakeya, made up of about 750 words with its own set of 40 grammar rules.
4. Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara was enlisted as a caste study in marketing management courses in the universities of Spain. Since the tourism of the country saw a rise of 65% after the film’s release.
5. It may sound insane but it’s true, Tom Cruise was actually considered for the role of Raj Malhotra played by Shahrukh Khan in ‘Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge’! In fact, Saif Ali Khan was the original choice made by the filmmaker before finally settling for SRK!
6. In Gangs of Wasseypur 2, many of the songs were sung by the local singers to give some realistic touch to the movie. Chicha leather song was sung by a beggar, who used to sing and beg in trains.
7. The salt used as snow in Black was so real that the residents in Shimla thought it was snow.
10. Brahmanandam:- The actor and comedian have been active in India’s Telugu language film industry since 1987 and have amassed a staggering number of roles.
To put that into perspective, Christopher Lee, who previously held the Guinness World Record for most screen credits, appeared in 244 movies over the course of more than 60 years. Brahmanandam has appeared in four times as many movies in half the time. The former professor, with a degree in Telugu literature, officially broke Lee’s record in 2010 with 857 films. Since then, he’s gone on to act in at least 143 more movies, though he stopped counting after 997.